Erika's Family Story
"Baby Insights has been a tremendous help! It enables us to be very organized with little effort and much reward. We use it to:
• Easily monitor how often and for how long Erika is breastfeeding
• Track how frequently and how much I am pumping. Initially so I could see progress on increasing my milk production. Now to make sure I consistently pump each day to store milk for when I go back to work
• Run reports and see trends in feeding lengths each day, the number of bottles versus breast feeding, and more
• Remind me which side she fed on last (which is great for those feedings when I’m half asleep and can’t remember!)
• Track when we give her gripe water so we keep it adequately spaced apart"
-Christa, Austin, TX
(Erika's Family User Story)
Christina's Family Story
"We started using Baby Manager [now Baby Insights] the day I found it, when Christina was 3 weeks old. It has been extremely helpful! You wouldn’t believe how often I run over to the computer to see how long it’s been since she last ate, had a diaper change, or when I last pumped.
• We no longer have to hunt for something to write on and then remember where we put it; everything is in one place and organized.
• I’m less stressed about trying to remember soooo many things – because now I don’t have to remember them!
• Baby Insights is helping us figure out more quickly what might be making Christina cry: if it’s been 3 hours since she ate, and her diaper is dry, it’s a pretty good guess that she might be hungry. (Should be simple, but when I can’t remember when she last ate, and it’s been a busy afternoon, it sometimes doesn’t occur to me that she might be hungry already!)
• Sometimes I forget which side she’s nursed on recently; now, I can check my Summary page and see if I’m staying balanced or not.
• I no longer feel as if I’m spending ALL of my time nursing and/or pumping! (When I start to feel that way, I can look at Baby Manager and see that I actually DID have a couple of breaks today.
• I can keep track of my food/drink intake by using the Mom-Medicine page! Since I eat the same foods often, I can easily note when and what I eat which, according to my lactation consultant, can help us figure out if something I’m eating is upsetting her. Plus it helps me make sure that I’m eating and drinking enough to ensure a good milk supply."
-Carole Hayes, Allen, TX -
(Hayes Family User Story)
Emma's Family Story
"The information I got from using Baby Insights was and continues to be extremely useful! It helped us think in a time we could barely add two plus two or string coherent sentences together. The ability to go to one place and see all of Emma’s information was a life saver. I use Baby Insights to:
•Keep detailed notes on how often and when she was eating, which helped us report feedings to her pediatrician and cardiologist.
•Monitor her diaper changes so that we could feel comfortable she was in fact absorbing her food and that all was working well.
•Monitor her heart medication which helped us remember the exact time and dosage as that is a critical part of keeping any further episodes at bay.
•Keep track of how much breast milk I was pumping to make sure we had enough to give to baby Emma and to ensure my milk supply would stay steady and increase over time.
•Stay aware of any decreases in her appetite as this could be a sign of another episode with her heart."
-Kerry, Burke, VA
(Emma's Family User Story)
Jacob's Family Story
"The information I got from using Baby Insights was so helpful! I really liked the fact that I could go to one place and see all of Jacob’s information at a glance. In hindsight, I wish I had bought a PDA or smart phone before Jacob was born to make entering the information easier! Some of the benefits I gained from using Baby Insights are:
Since we were supplementing with formula, it helped to see how much formula versus breastfeeding time he was receiving. It’s been fascinating to see how the two amounts have changed over time.
It was great to see how much I was pumping to get an idea of how much he was getting at each feeding. Knowing this helped me make decisions about how often and how much to supplement.
As a first time mom, managing my time throughout the day can be quite challenging. Baby Insights helped me see how much time I was spending breastfeeding and pumping so I could better plan my day.
Tracking my pain medication using Baby Insights was particularly helpful during my recovery from the C-section. I was taking 3 different pain medications at varying times and being able to view my medication schedules became one of my favorite Baby Insights tools!"
-Lea, Newport Beach, CA
(Jacob's Family User Story)
Elise's Family Story
"The information we gleaned from using Baby Insights has been amazing! We found Baby Manager to be extremely useful because it helps us remember what occurred last week, yesterday or even one hour ago. These early days with the baby are definitely hazy and we felt very fortunate to have Baby Manager step in and help us with our memories. We could:
• Easily note information on when Elise fed and if she experienced reflux soon after a feeding
• Run reports and see trends in feeding and reflux occurrences throughout the day
• Use the information on her reflux occurrences to help make the decision to give her medicine"
-Kristen, Austin, TX
(Elise's Family User Story)
"My wife and I are missionaries in Bolivia. Our first child was born here while our extended family was in the U.S. On our own for child care, we found that waking up every few hours to feed and change the baby was challenging.
Since we wanted to put our baby on a schedule, we decided it was best to take shifts at night. My wife took care of him from 11 p.m. until 3 a.m., and I took care of him from 3 a.m. until about 10 a.m. We shared responsibilities during the daytime. We learned quickly that it was not helpful for me to get up with the baby at 3 a.m. only to have to wake up my wife and ask her when he was last fed. When we downloaded Baby Manager for Pocket PC, it transformed childcare in our house.
First, we no longer needed to bother the other person with questions about diaper changes, bottle feedings, and breast feedings. It was all there. Second, since my wife breastfed our baby and pumped, Baby Manager provided an easy way to ensure she was "keeping up" with the baby by pumping as much milk as he needed. Finally, not only did we have the answers to our pediatrician's questions, she was actually impressed with the level of detail and information we had from the reports on bottle feedings, breast feedings, diaper changes, etc.
Baby Manager helped us get through the first difficult months of child care. We needed to develop the good habit of recording important information about our baby, and Baby Manager helped us do that. In turn, it helped me and my wife to communicate better about baby care. It is the best solution for a single parent, or for a family with multiple caretakers, who need to collaborate and share this vital information.
We are now expecting our second child and are excited that we can count on Baby Manager to help from day one!"
-J. Eggen, La Paz, Bolivia
"I have been using Baby Manager on the PDA and it is working quite well. It took me about a day or two to let go of my hand written log and trust the software...but now, I use it exclusively. It works great...I like the fact that it's small, portable, and easier to use with one hand than paper and pencil. I can't go back to the clipboard now that I am spoiled!"
- Dinorah Zanger, Austin, TX
"Thank you for the opportunity to use the Baby Manager software. Compared to the paper records we had before, it is a life saver! It really has made it easy for us to keep track of our baby's eating and diaper changes, and given us a great deal of peace-of-mind. Thanks again!"
- David Walker, Carlsbad, CA
"Before Baby Manager we were tracking information on pieces of paper that ended up all over the house. Everything was so chaotic. Baby Manager helped us keep all the information together in one place and when our pediatrician asked us how much and how often she was eating we could look it up on our PDA and tell him immediately! Thanks for making this product. It helped us become better parents."
- Marla Walker, Carlsbad, CA