Hopefully 2010 has started out with a bang for all of you and that it continues to be a good year for all of us! We are looking forward to adding some new features to the Babble Soft applications and would love any suggestions or feedback you have to help us continue to improve our products. So… as way to celebrate this new year and new decade, we thought it would be a great idea to have a giveaway!
If you haven’t already tried our Baby Say Cheese online album, then we highly recommend you give it a whirl. One of the joys of parenthood is capturing the perfect shot of your baby as he or she grows and changes. Now with a digital camera, practically a staple for every new parent, the possibilities are endless when it comes to the number and types of pictures you can take of your baby.
We thought it would be helpful to provide you with a few tips for creating beautiful, keepsake photos of your baby.
- Get creative by using the zoom feature on your camera to capture up close some of baby’s distinct features. Create feature photos of baby’s feet while lying on the ground with the camera pointed at the bottom of his feet.
- Getting physically close to baby for photos or getting down on their level is also another way to find good angles for taking photos of baby.
- Another good photo idea is to create an entire series around baby’s “firsts.” Capture baby’s first moments with family, first bath, etc.
- Use the telephoto on your camera to try and get photos of baby when they are otherwise occupied and not quite as aware of your presence. This can result in some very natural looking photos.
- Use indirect lighting whenever possible instead of a flash to prevents baby from looking washed out and also to avoid temporarily blinding baby.
- Play with photo editing software to adjust lighting, play with colors or remove color all together for timeless looking black and white photos. All in all, keep your camera close during those first few months and keep practicing.
And now with these tips in hand, it seemed only fitting then that our giveaway Grand Prize should be a Canon Sure Shot Digital Camera. Be sure to read to the end of the post for information on how to enter!
Canon Sure Shot Digital Camera
Grab the perfect shots of baby and family with this high, quality compact digital camera. It has face detection technology and face detection self-timer for effortlessly capturing those candid shots. A print and share button make for easy and direct printing with a photo printer.
- 12.1 Megapixel- Allows you to take quality, high resolution photos of your baby and family that can be enlarged up to 13 x 19.
- 4x optical zoom and Optical Image Stabilizer- Advanced preset for automatically detecting photo conditions. Includes 18 shooting modes and 9 special scene modes.
- 2.5 – inch LCD screen- A high resolution screen for viewing shots easily with a crisp, clean pictures. Also has a night viewing mode for easy viewing in low light.
But wait, there’s more!
Mabel’s Labels Camp/School Pack Gift Certificate
How many times have you sent your baby or child off to day care, school or camp and wished that you had an easy and simple way to label your baby’s bottle, sippy cup, diaper bag or even their shoes? Mabel’s Labels are the perfect solution. These colorful, bright and personalized labels make it a breeze to mark your child’s items in a way that much cuter and cleaner than just using a regular old sharpie.
The Camp/School Label pack comes with the following:
- 15 personalized super durable and waterproof labels- making them perfectly usable for toys, dishes, bottles and much more.
- 40 Iron-On tags or 50 Tag Mates- The Iron-On tags will adhere to almost any fabric and are designed to withstand washing, drying and wear and tear. The Tag Mate labels are a great alternative to iron-on labels. Also, designed to withstand washing, drying and wear and tear, these labels peel and stick to clothing care tags.
- 8 Shoe Labels- Extra tough and extra sticky labels that fit nicely on the insole of shoes, boots and skates. They will not rub off on socks when shoes get wet and are made to be kid durable!
- 2 Bag Tags- Sturdy metal tags that can be attached to diaper and school bags, luggage, backpacks and more!
Available in three different sets of coordinating colors!
An adorable plush turtle that can turn any room or ceiling into a starry night. Lights up in three soothing colors and works as the perfect nightlight to help soothe and calm children and babies into a comforting sleep. Projects real star constellation so you can sit with your child and identify the different star patterns. Comes with Star Guide and 8 constellations. Auto shut-off after 45 minutes help save the batteries!
Babble Soft Subscriptions
Babble Soft applications not only help parents stay organized and on top of it all, but it makes a great gift for new parents or parents-to-be. Enter to win one of these subscriptions for yourself or as a gift to someone else. A Babble Soft subscription includes access to Baby Insights and Baby Say Cheese as well as access to our mobile web application on your internet-capable mobile phone.
One lucky winner will win a 12 month subscription to Babble Soft. Three winners will be selected for a free 3 month subscription to Babble Soft.
This is just too cute to pass up. A JJ Cole Pacifier Pod helps keep baby’s pacifier in an easy to find, easy to carry place. A stylish little pod with an “attach anywhere” handle means you can keep it attached to your purse, belt, diaper bag, stroller or car seat. Keeps baby’s pacifier clean and sanitary. Comes in designer prints with coordinating trim and are machine washable and dishwasher safe. PVC and phthalate free for additional peace of mind.
Baby Sleep Consultations
After sleep coach and owner, Nicole Johnson, overcame her son’s sleeping issues in a way that complemented her own parenting style, and after such a happy success, she knew it was her mission to help other tired parents “find their child’s sleep.” Your baby’s sleep shouldn’t be stressful and The Baby Sleep SiteTM strives to provide a strong, non-judgmental, support network to help you and your family sleep better. The Baby Sleep SiteTM has helped countless families through free online articles, step-by-step e-Books, and private and personalized sleep consulting services.
Two (2) people will get TWO FREE e-mail sleep consultations to help with your sleep struggles. You’d be surprised how far you can get in just two e-mails! If you already have an account with the Baby Sleep SiteTM, your account will be credited.
Deadline to enter is January 31, 2010, 8:59 p.m. EDT.
Here is how you can enter:
1. Leave a comment. – 1 entry
2. Stumble this post. – 1 entry (Leave a comment that you stumbled)
3. Follow us or one of our sponsors on Twitter: @babblesoft, @mabelhood, @babysleepsite and leave a comment to let us know you’re following. (1 entry for each sponsor followed)
4. Tweet or Re-Tweet about this giveaway. For example: Win a Canon Sure Shot Camera in the Babble Soft New Year’s Giveaway http://bit.ly/6jedsp (via @babblesoft). Be sure to include the link back to this post and our Twitter name (@babblesoft) so we can track your entry. Feel free to tweet about any of our prizes- including those from @babysleepsite and @mabelhood. (Can enter multiple times with multiple tweets.)
5. Become a fan of our Facebook page and a fan of the Facebook pages of one of our sponsors . Leave a comment to let us know you’ve become a fan (1 entry for each page you’ve fanned)
6. Subscribe to the Babble Soft Blog, the Baby Sleep SiteTM Blog or Mabel’s Labels Blog (and leave a comment letting us know you’ve subscribed):
7. Subscribe to Babble Soft, Baby Sleep SiteTM or Mabel’s Labels Newsletters and leave a comment telling us which newsletters you’ve subscribed to.
8. Blog about this giveaway with a link back to this blog post. Leave a comment with a link to your blog post. (10 entries)
Good luck to everyone that enters and thanks for visiting the Babble Soft Blog!